Grocery shopping is one of the essential tasks on a weekly or monthly basis. It is that time where families buy food, as well as the items needed for their homes and at work. Grocery stores all over the world have their branding and differ from the layout and goods being offered compared to others. This is why some people get attached to their grocery stores and prefer to shop there all the time because they are already familiar with the aisles.
The arrival of the COVID-19 pandemic has derailed our day-to-day life and made it harder to do normal tasks including grocery shopping. This is why the practice of online shopping for clothes, supplies, and food has been popularized to stay safe. Here are some tips on how to shop online:
- Order ahead of time
– Shopping in the comfort of your home and while using a handy app doesn’t necessarily mean shopping for groceries online is easy. Due to the pandemic, more and more people resort to online shopping and so high internet traffic is a possibility. It is best to order ahead of time to avoid late deliveries, or running out of supplies.
- Learn how to use the store’s apps and online platforms
– For those who aren’t well-versed in technology such as mobile apps, it may be a difficult transition to try using an app or accessing a grocery store’s website. In this case, it is a good idea to first be familiar with how to use the apps and learn the corresponding details such as payment details, how to order, navigation, and delivery process.
- Be patient and understanding
– When you shop for groceries online, there will be designated shoppers to get your items which will then be delivered by another service. It is important to be patient with this process because the store can run out of stocks and the delivery time could be delayed due to a high number of customers. These people are also trying to do their job as quickly as possible. Be sure to thank and tip your shopper and driver as well.
Farmer Friend promotes its motto “Happy People, Healthy Food”, which is fitting for the amount of service they have given for the past century. Their business supports local products and aims to source healthy, organic foods to promote health and wellness to their customers. They also have many partnerships with local, independent businesses that also promote the same message. Some of these partnerships include:
- Avalon Dairy Organic Milk
- Black Bear Coffee
- Dakini Tidal Wilds
- Enerchi Kombucha
- Finest at Sea
- Haliburton Community Organic Farm
- James Bay Honey
- Lone Tree Bakery
- Little Qualicum Cheeseworks
- Longview Organic Farm